Call or Text us at 844 TWIST WS    (844-894-7897)
    
Members  
 

× Twist! Sign-In Logo
Forgot password?
Twist! Cloud Does Custom Software Project Management
Small projects, tight controls and great staff are important.
We've been managing software projects for many years. There are few things we have learned along the way that we'd like to share:
  • Smaller project size is better. Actually, smaller is WAY better.
  • Constantly searching to discover problems even if you're sure their aren't any is very important.
  • Developers don't generally know how to talk to everyone else, but it can seem like they do.
  • You can only a define a 80% of your requirements at the beginning of a project. The other 20% show up along the way.
  • Every project should pay for itself. It's knowing how that matters.
  • It's always a great time to kill a bad software project.
  • Don't leave your stakeholders holding the bag.
  • Some developers behave badly because you created an incentive for them to turn on you.
  • Development methodologies are like belly buttons...everyone has one.
  • If your technologists are just technologists, you have a problem.
  • User stories can be just that...stories.
  • If you can't find off-the-shelf software to meet your needs...look some more.

These are just a few of the lessons we've learned over almost 40 years of software project experience. We learned them "the hard way!" We'd love to help you learn them without having your project crash and burn.

We do great custom software project management because we've learned first-hand what doesn't work. Please give us a call to discuss your needs.
vlap